CD player

Nice talks

nice walks
with CD player on my back.
Music for my
sorrowful ears,
alternative folk songs,
that will stay with us for evermore.
I thought we were something,
but I guess I was just another CD on your list,
a track so beautiful that
you couldn’t skip it.
This track was a masterpiece,
only one of its kind,
peculiar,
too hard to comprehend.
I hope, you’ve enjoyed every second of me,
cause I’m not forever,
I’m only six minutes and twenty-one seconds.
Longer than I’ve waited for you to play me…
A track that got lost in translation.
You told me I was your favourite,
track after the track,
I hope not every track heard that line,
cause I love the idea of being special.
You’ve told me you were an old CD that can be played
once by everybody and then be put under the bed,
but this time tables turned, and I was played,
a single track that was stuck in your head
with the most beautiful bridge in history.
I hope I was your favourite.
late nights
late ups
late nights without response
I can create a world with no response
I can do anything,
I will have an astonishing time doing so.
Breaking all the choruses; replacing them with another line
just to put them on my CD player and lament  
for eternity, cause I’m the track that always get skipped 
with the most beautiful background in history.
I don’t like a gold rush, but you rushed so fast into
another track while I was still on.
The queue after me is long but you couldn’t care less.
I’m an old CD that will stay under your bed forevermore.
I’m a vinyl that everybody wants, but nobody really wants to own,
the idea of having it is already fulfilling.
I will be played over and over and one day,
you will put on this track and it will remind you
of innocence, which you chide with your replacement,
the tragic story of us that never had a happy ending,
maybe one day you will try to rewrite it.
I hope you will, cause this track desires your attention.
Until that day I will stay under your bed,
hoping to be put on again because it feels like home to be played.
6:21.




Comments

Popular Posts